Thursday, May 19, 2011

Little Earthquakes

Finished reading this story on my flight to Honolulu from Atlanta. Took me a little longer than my usual time to read this one. It was a bit thick.


This is a great story of friendship! It is written in first person of one character then in 3rd person from the other three.


The added bonus of the pregnancy of each character will tug at your motherhood heart string or biological clock. I loved each character. They were very realistic and easy to identify with because they all came from so many different walks of life. 


It was not a predictable story in a lot of parts. My favorite character was Becky. I love the story of her and Andrew.  I don't see how she didn't see he was a mama's boy from much earlier on in their relationship.


I don't think their acceptance of Lia was realistic however. The way the story is set up with keeping the story of Lia a mystery until the middle definitely helps the reader feel more understanding of how she left California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment