Thursday, May 19, 2011

How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire

I came across this book because it was featured as a Free Nook Friday book.


I LOVED this book. It was a bit predictable in places but the characters were extremely likable. The character development was very good and not very much was left to the imagination. While it really doesn't use profanity, there are 2.5 really steamy (and thoroughly detailed) sex scenes. Some components parallel the Twilight series. I like that the story switched from different character's point of view through out. The author pulled that off well. When authors do that, sometimes it makes a story disjointed and hard to follow, but she changed vantage points always at the right time would you find yourself thinking "i wonder what such in such feels about this".

The title is a bit misleading. I don't think the title in any way reflects what the book is about. Also, male lead's constant use of the phrase "God's blood" was so annoying! I get it was suppose to lead credence to his archaicness but it was overkill by the middle of the story.

It seems as if this will be a series. I will definitely catch the next one and I might try another one of her books as well to get more of a feel for her writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment